Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
dsokhan
My Device: Blackberry Playbook tablet

Google Analytics for WebWorks application (OS 6.0.0+)

Hi community,

Once more I need your help.

Maybe someone already encountered such a problem, so I need your advise.Our customer wants use Google Analytics in his webworks application (I know, that there is Blackberry Analytics Service). When we integrated it into our applications, memory leaks happend, like popup with "Device memory is low. Some applications will be closed." message in it (Was tested on Bold 9900 with OS 7.0).

So, I would like to know, is it possible to use Goole Analytics on Blackberry at all, without problems like memory leaks? Would be greate if some one from RIM answered on this question too.

Thanks for all your help,

I do not know what I'd do without this forum :smileyhappy:

BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10

Re: Google Analytics for WebWorks application (OS 6.0.0+)

Hello,

With the 9900 test, have you considered using Remote Web Inspector to do things like Profiling on the live device?  This has helped me in the past put an end to memory leaks in my code.  It really helps you figure out what is happening in real-time on the device and is extremely useful in troubleshooting issues like this, and more.

Here's some more info on using Web Inspector - https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/web_inspector_overview_1553586_11.html

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro