Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
vinayakk
My Device: Not Specified

HTML/JavaScript for BlackBerry!

Hello there,

I work in HTML/JavaScript and develop elearning courseware to be viewed on desktop browsers. Now we are looking forward to develop same courseware which can be viewed in the BlackBerry browsers.

I have prior experience of using Adobe Dreamweaver to develop HTML/JavaScript code and I think I wud be again using dreamweaver to do the same. Can somebody also suggest me what are the basic differences in  the HTML/JavaScript code which we write for desktop browsers as compared to mobile browsers ?

As ever,

Vinayak

As ever,
Vinayak Kadam
Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: HTML/JavaScript for BlackBerry!

Hi vinayakk,

Please see the BlackBerry Browser reference documentation for a listing of what HTML, CSS and JavaScript elements are supported by the various versions of the BlackBerry Browser.  That should get you started in the right direction.

The documentation can be found here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Browser

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer
PaTheo
My Device: Storm2

I have studied the listing of the supported elements by the BlackBerry Browser, and i would like to ask if the same rules apply to the elements being suppport for BlackBerry widget development?

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

For BlackBerry Widgets the documents definitely apply.  We are using the same rendering and JavaScript engine in our widget framework.  BlackBerry Widgets are supported starting on the BlackBerry OS version 5.0.

So when you are looking through those guides, the 5.0 details are the ones that will apply.

Cheers,

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter