Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
lex_talionis
My Carrier: Verizon

HTML5 Canvases show blank on OS6

Day before planned release:  We have an app that works perfectly on the OS 6 simulator's web browser but then we compile/install it on the same phone and the canvas portion of the app shows up blank. Everything else loads.

We tried to figure out just what the problem was.  We remembered there was a provided canvas sample that said it worked on OS 6 called SketchPad, provided by blackberry.  We compiled that into an app and loaded up into the simulator and same thing happened -- screen shows up blank, even though the app works perfectly in the phone's browser.

Does this mean that HTML5 canvas is not well supported well on OS6?  If so, we'll have to submit our app for OS7+ only. Are there any code remedies to this? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
nathanpc
My Carrier: VIVO Brazil

Re: HTML5 Canvases show blank on OS6

[ Edited ]

I've already had some weird glitches in OS 6 with element positioning. I suggest you to add some alert()'s, like in the old days, since OS 6 doesn't have the awesome Remote Debugger, checking for element sizes and other things. My problem was because the onLoad was getting fired before the screen was actually visible, which made is calculate the size of the elements incorrectly.

Since the canvas works in the Browser, but not in a packaged app, that means it's something like I've described. Probably a timing issue too.

If I helped you please click the "Like" button to support my work.
My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked - Requests
Social Me: about.me - Twitter
Please use plain text.