Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
liammccann
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

HTML5 Form Input Data Issue

<input type="date" id="txtDate" min="1900-01-01" max="1999-12-31" x-blackberry-focusable/>
<label for="frmName">Name</label><input type="text" id="frmName" />

<label for="frmIncinTime">Time</label><input type="time" id="frmIncinTime" />

Useing the above 3 lines of code on my devices(bold 9780, torch 9860) and the simulator i get the same results. The date picker only pops up if i click using the cursor or my finger... This is also the same for the time aswell...

If i click using the click on the track bad it just ignores it,(but works with touching the screen or navigating the cursor to it and clicking it STRANGE)  as my application is focus based this is very annoying...

Is there any work around or way to solve this?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HTML5 Form Input Data Issue

[ Edited ]

I put your code into a sample (attached) and was able to see it working on my 9810 with a late version of 7.1.0. I also tweaked a couple things. I put x-blackberry-focusable='true' instead of just the attribute alone, and I also added the x-blackberry-initialFocus='true' to the first field.

If this doesn't work on your devices, please let me know the OS Version they run (all 4 groups), and the SDK version you built with.

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
liammccann

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks/issues/120

The above is the link to the focus problems i am having, and the code you have gave me has identical issues esplcially in the delay of entering the text.

When using your code as nvaigation mode focus it works, but frankly focus is just to bugy,delayed and unreliable and needs some serious looking at. Would you be able to take at look at the issue link i posted above? As focus navaigation is a main part of our application. Also the focus can be slow moving between feilds and the bug issue will give you a full insight of the issues with it. Is there people working on sorting the focus?  Or even a date of the fix? 

From my understand i think its the navmode.js file thats causeing the issues here. ( BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5\device_templates\js\navmode.js)

Also which i find very strange if we turn focus mode off and use the cursor, it doesnt fire onChange when data is changed.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I don't experience delays or unreliability in this sample, but it's a very limited sample and I've only tested a small amount on my current device, which is a 9810 with the latest software.

Where do you experience the delays (device and OS versions) and do you have a sample which helps to show it, or does this one suffice?

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
liammccann

We dont have the 9810 here, but trying it on the Blackberry Bold 9900 (7.1 Bundle 1149(v7.1.0.342 Platform 5.1.0.276)).

And yes your application works fine if only using the touch screen to focus in and click on elements but if you use the trackpad it doesnt work at all doesnt even highlight the feilds the trackpad is fully useless here.  Ive provided a demo application and more information at the following to links this will tell you all the devices we tested it on and the phones models and OS versions we have used.

Developer Bug Tracker

Git Hub Issue

And for quickness here out testing information

Our setup information is listed below.

• Webworks Version: WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5
  •  Blackberry Bold 9780
    6.0 Budle 2475( v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)
  • ·Blackberry Bold 9900
    7.1 Bundle 1149(v7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276)
  • ·Blackberry 9790
    7.0 Bundle 2356 (v7.0.0.557, Platform 9.16.0.67)

Hope your able to help, 

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
liammccann

Also just noticed, If you don't wait say 3 seconds to enter text it doesn't let you enter it at al. This is only using the track pad , works fine if you use the touch screen.

But we purely need the track pad to work.
Please use plain text.