Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind

HTML5 number input in Playbook OS version 2.1.0.1032

In previous OS versions a number input allowed float inputs (utilizing the step, min, and max tags). This latest OS version brings up the onscreen keyboard with only the number pad and an assortment of letters (from A to F). This seems like extremely odd behaviour for this input type. Is there another way to consistantly provide float input across all Playbook OS versions?

Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: HTML5 number input in Playbook OS version 2.1.0.1032

Bandercoot wrote:

In previous OS versions a number input allowed float inputs (utilizing the step, min, and max tags). This latest OS version brings up the onscreen keyboard with only the number pad and an assortment of letters (from A to F). This seems like extremely odd behaviour for this input type. Is there another way to consistantly provide float input across all Playbook OS versions?

No this is correct numbering scheme. A-F is for hexidecimal numbers. But it should still be able to type in float #s

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Wind

Thanks for the clarification on hexidecimal numbers. I'm just concerned as the decimal button seems to have disappeared from the keyboard for this input type. It was there in previous OS versions, but now it's gone.

<input type=number name=amount step="0.01" min="0.01" placeholder="0.00" x-blackberry-focusable="true" />

My Device: Playbook and 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have the same problem. I have a machinist app with user inputs that require decimal input. I have to recompile my app somehow and use the standard keyboard. No the user will have to open the number tab every time and i have no way to limit the input to only numbers anymore.

My Device: 9800 Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Yep, I have the same problem. As a web developer now I'm forced to make changes to my application just to support the Playbook device. Certainly less than ideal...considering just getting a different tablet.