Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
andreyavram
My Device: Playbook, BB10
My Carrier: Orange

HW Acceleration limit in Dev Alpha

Hello,

I have the following use-case:

I display a list of thumbnails of high quality images(1280*800) scaled down in css, in a screen from bbui.js. To each image I add a class that has translate3d(0,0,0) for better performance when scrolling. 

The problem is that exactly after displaying 36 thumbnails all the rest appear black. If I don't use translate3d(or any other property that triggers HW acceleration) this doesn't happen, but other kind of artefacts appear, like chopped of images.

I'm sure that it has something to do with hw acceleration because if I add only 30 thumbnails for example and then I add from console another few one the same "bug" appears. 

Also how can I trigger the garbage collector manually, I saw that when poping the screen from bbui and going again to the same screen, the limit is reset.

I don't know id this is a bug or a known limitation. Will this be present in the final BB10 device or is just the dev alpha A  having a limited GPU?

Thanks,

Andrei

Please use plain text.