Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
AniqueRehman93
My Device: Blackberry 9800 & Blackberry Playbook OS 2.1
My Carrier: EE

Re: Help Required To Build/Sign App and Question

[ Edited ]

May have found a potential solution, by using a old 'Windows 7' desktop to sign the app... will post the results tomorrow!

However, to me i have a gut feeling its something to do with 'Java' and not the software itself. Im not actually sure you can run the command line in compatibility mode, however you can run the tablet graphical interface tool which doesn't make a difference. From 'googling' i've come across others who've had the same sort of problem but its got nothing to do with the operating system, but Java.

I would follow there advice, but the stuff there mentioning doesn't ring a bell and sounds way more complicated than just simply using another system and hoping for the best.

But.. Just out of curiosity do you think its worth installing the SDK again since in the error it mentions 'error loading' "C...\...\...\jvm.dll" so it could be an issue with the install. I did have an error on install but that was because it couldnt detect the install - Windows 8 issue, so i exited the installer before it had the chance to install and ran in compatibility settings (for Windows 7) and it installed perfectly. 

Anique Rehman
-- New App Developer; WebWorks
Please use plain text.