Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: 8100
Accepted Solution

Help for Input tag submit - how to wrap the value over two lines for BB Pearl (8100)

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the wrapping of the value for an input submit tag on a page I have.

I have an input tag:

<input type="submit" name="aButton" value="Yes. Dangerous Goods have been packed" style="width:200px; white-space:normal;" />

On the BB Bold/Storm it is fine however I find on the Blackberry 8100 the text in the button shows up as "Yes. Dangerous Goods have...".

Is there a way to wrap the text? I tried the CSS class white-space:normal however that didn't work. I also tried to add in &#x000A; (new line feed) and an assorted number of ways without success.

The users want this to be the full text for legal purposes...

If it is not possible, what would be the best option besides shortening the text (which is my last option)?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Andrew Low

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help for Input tag submit - how to wrap the value over two lines for BB Pearl (8100)

I don't think I've ever seen a button with multiple lines of text. You can try making the button wider, right now you have it limited to 200px.

New Developer

Re: Help for Input tag submit - how to wrap the value over two lines for BB Pearl (8100)

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried to make it wider however the last few characters became ellipsis "...".

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

You could also change your UI to have two radio buttons for the user to choose yes or no and then have a submit button with generic text that may not be as long.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

Thanks everyone for your help.

For the next release, I will use a radio button set. Thank you for the suggestion.

What I just did to get this through was to make the font size slightly smaller than the rest of the text. The text in the submit button is still readable and there are no more ellipsis.