Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

UbermenschGroup
My Device: Emulators
My Carrier: Internet

Help getting the web in blackberry emulators for windows

Hey, I'm developing a really great web app that I'm hoping all platforms will be able to use. It's pretty rich but I've toned it down to work with older versions of eclipse incase users don't have Opera installed but the documentation on the Blackberry site is somewhat limited or I'm too stupid to find it. I know I need JRE in order to start the emulator but I can't pull up web pages. I got the MDS Simulator files but I have no idea what to do with them. Can I get some help here?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Help getting the web in blackberry emulators for windows

Hello, thanks for your inquiries.

Let me quickly review how to setup a BlackBerry Smartphone simulator so that it has internet connectivity:

1) Make sure you have Java RunTime Environment (JRE) installed.  Recommend version 1.6

2) Download and install the MDS-CS simulator.  This application simulates the MDS component of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server / BlackBerry Internet Service that usually provides most BlackBerry Smartphones with internet connectivity

3) Download and install a BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator

4) Launch the MDS-CS simulator and allow it to completely finish loading.  A command line window will open and you will see text scrolling while the MDS-CS sim is loading.

5) Launch the BlackBerry Smartphone simulator.  It should pick up the configuration info for the already-launched MDS-CS simulator, and have internet connectivity.

Please let me know if that helps, or if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.