Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: non blackberry user
My Carrier: Orange

Help signing my App

Hi I'm new to BB developent. I try to package my web App using the instructions found here:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/signing_setup_tablet_apps_1920...

hower when I run the following code in my command window the programm fail. Here are the exact command I entered and the resulting output (I only changed the pin and the password)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebW
orks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2
.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-signer -register -csjpin xxxxxx
-storepass XXXXXXXX C:\keys\client-RDK-2421599452.csj C:\keys\client-PBDT-24215
99452.csj
Enter Passphrase for keystore:
Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Olivier\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p
12 (Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

New Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Help signing my App

One tip I have found useful when setting up my signing keys is to put both .csj files into the directory I am running the signer tool from. ie: in your case it would be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin

Making your entire command:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin

then

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin xxxxxx
-storepass XXXXXXXX client-RDK-2421599452.csj client-PBDT-2421599452.csj

Give that a go, and ensure that you have typed your Keystore password exactly.
Contributor
My Device: non blackberry user
My Carrier: Orange

I used copy and past to get the code. Now I re-entered the entire command manually and everyting worked as expected!

thanks for your help
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

you can copy and paste it into a notepad file and then save it as as .bat file then you can just click the .bat file every time you want to package the app assuming the app name and location doesnt change. The only thing is if you do this for PB OS remember to change the version number. Also you want to add in

> "C:\location\build.log" 

in the same line as your package application line (replacing 'location\build.log' with the actual path that you want this log to be in - for example your desktop) . This will save the progress or any prompts in the command line should there be any errors in the builds

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!