Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
abdlquadri
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Tim Neil - Manager, Development Tools Research In Motion

Hi Tim Neil - Manager, Development Tools Research In Motion,

It seems to me that you want as little as possible developers developing for your devices.

This are my findings as I decided to commence my blackberry development.

1. Lengthy registration (not a real issue)

2. Files too large (a big deal for me, Internet is expensive and slow where I live)

3. No download resume support for files ( a big deal as in 2 above)

4. Only available for windows (a big deal, because this will be the only reason I will be using windows)

It is alright if your intent is to scare developers away. But if that is not the case probably you should look into the findings above. Especially the files -- they are just too large an no easy way to download.

Cheers

Developer
reradus
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Hi Tim Neil - Manager, Development Tools Research In Motion

If that scares you off you shouldn't be a developer to start with

Developer
jtyberg
My Device: Not Specified

Now, now.  I admit, the BB development environment has caused me a bit of frustration, but I've been doing this for a couple of months at least.  Sounds like you're just getting going.

Personal attacks aren't the way to resolve any issues.  In fact, Tim has been the most helpful RIM employee in getting problems/issues resolved when they do arise.

I can't help with downloading files, but there is a beta version of the Java plugin for Eclipse for Mac OS X.   I'm hopeful that RIM releases other plugins for Mac as well.

Visitor
theroyalmask
My Device: blackberry playbook

hello

i am a developer and would like to ask you if you to tell be how to create the build.bat and remove.bat that you used to create an website app for crackberry.com

thanks

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

abdlquadri wrote:

It seems to me that you want as little as possible developers developing for your devices.

2. Files too large (a big deal for me, Internet is expensive and slow where I live)

4. Only available for windows (a big deal, because this will be the only reason I will be using windows)

It is alright if your intent is to scare developers away. But if that is not the case probably you should look into the findings above. Especially the files -- they are just too large an no easy way to download.

Cheers

I am not sure what you expected from development, no work and lots of free money? So far it is a relatively easy to make a webworks apps, the sdk are fair size and sdk are available for Mac OS/linux too afaik.  The registration is not a big deal, its a few boxes to fill out, its less than what you need to fill out for signing up for a new email account. The main issue here seems to be your internet speed. Unfortunately for you, most web developers (since this is afterall the webworks forum) will have a relatively reliable internet speed. It would just be helpful and useful hand-in-hand. It a tool you need for web development. 

You may not trust me, but you should check out some of the 'competition' and look up how to develop for their platform. BlackBerry is easy compare to those platforms. 

Development might not be right for u and thats ok, its not for everyone :smileyhappy:.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900

abdlquadri wrote:

Cheers

perhaps you try: http://writemyappforme.com  :smileyvery-happy:

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

Or the BlackBerry App Generator from Mippin

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Just to jump in, this is a very old (10-27-2010 04:41 AM) thread revived by the question:

hello
i am a developer and would like to ask you if you to tell be how to create the build.bat and remove.bat that you used to create an website app for crackberry.com

thanks

theroyalmask, please be sure to start new threads if you have a question as jumping into an already existing thread may end up in people simply missing your question. We'll also need a little more detail as I'm not sure (myself) exactly what you're referring to here, but perhaps others do?

If you could please start a new thread, and provide a little more information about your inquiry, the community here might be able to help out.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.