Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: mtn
Accepted Solution

How can i access a bbm contact list from a bbm connected application using javascripti ami ami am

I am developing an application that connects to bbm but i have a little problem, this application needs to access the details of bbm contact. Please can someone help me out on how I can do this.......
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How can i access a bbm contact list from a bbm connected application using javascripti ami ami am

Can you clarify what you mean by "the details of bbm contact"?

Note: BBM connected applications can only "see" those contacts that also have the same BBM connected application.

So its not an open door to browser your end-users contact lists (which would be a privacy concern).

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: mtn

Re: How can i access a bbm contact list from a bbm connected application using javascripti ami ami am

Thank you very much for your concern. I have been able to resolve the issue. At first I thought I could access all my bbm contacts incuding those who do not have the bbm connected app installed. I had to implement an invite for those who do not have the app installed using blackberry.bbm.platform.users.inviteToDownload so I was able to access user profiles through the pickUser() function.