Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
happyman
My Device: 9860

How can migrate the Ripple's packed apps to phone without posting it to App World?

Dear all,

I am a newbie to both mobile developement and BB development, and I have a simple question on migrating a packed app to phone.

All normal help on migrating are posting to App World, however, during the testing, post to App World and download back to the phone for testing is very inconvience. Given that there is the Ripple emulator and the BB simulator, but some feature of the app is expected to test on the phone.

Anyone has this experience, please instruct.

Thanks!

hAppymAn

Developer
Rcjuk
My Device: N/A

Re: How can migrate the Ripple's packed apps to phone without posting it to App World?

You can either load the app onto the device via usb in blackberry desktop manager (StandardInstall folder). Or you can upload the contents of the OTAInstall folder to a website and download the app via the blackberry browser.

Contributor
happyman
My Device: 9860

Re: How can migrate the Ripple's packed apps to phone without posting it to App World?

[ Edited ]

@Rcjuk, I tried to copy to phone and run. Thanks for your note, I will try to load to the phone by the BB Desktop Manager.