Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
surajreddy
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

How do I contact support? (Questions about Submission + Playbook Offer)

Hi,

I just received an email saying my app "is approved however will need to remain in 'Approved' state until the issue(s) below are corrected."

Based on this, I have 2 questions:

Q1: Does this mean I'm accepted for the playbook offer? (I submitted it before the deadline, and got an earlier email about it reminding me to sign the app)

Q2: It says the problem is I don't have an icon - "Please check you icon in the App, it doesn't appear to show when loaded on a playbook." - however on my end, when I test it everything seems fine. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'd appreciate your input!

Thanks,

-Suraj

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How do I contact support? (Questions about Submission + Playbook Offer)

Sorry I can't speak on behalf of the App World approval team.  They will provide direction as to your acceptance to the playbook offer.

Regarding your question about icons, what dimensions and file format are you using for your icon?  Make sure it is an 86 x 86 PNG file, otherwise it may not be rendered on the home screen (can appear invisible if the wrong size is used).

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
surajreddy
My Carrier: None

Thanks! I'll try that. I think I used a bigger size that worked on the simulator.

Also, I did get accepted for the playbook offer - just put in my address :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelp7
My Carrier: Fido

You may also want to try the Icon Maker for Blackberry Playbook: http://www.orison.biz/apps/playbook-icon-maker/ . :smileyhappy:

I hope this helps,

Mike

Please use plain text.