Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 (v5.0.0.900)
My Carrier: Rogers

How do I sign my BlackBerry application with BlackBerry Widget Packager

I have successfully developed an application and have testrun it on the simulator and it works just the way I intend. But I need to sign it to be able to deploy it on my BB phone. Please how do I do this? I have requested for a KEY from RIM and received an email containing an attachment (in the format ".csi"). Please can anyone tell me or refer me to a tutorial on how I can sign my application using this file sent by RIM in the cmd (command line interface) or something different.

Thank you

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: TIM

Re: How do I sign my BlackBerry application with BlackBerry Widget Packager

The first e-mail tell's you how to do it. I used the Blackberry Webworks Eclipse, and on it, in window -> preference -> blacckberry -> signining keys i can found the place to "install keys".
Look the tutorial and follow it.
Márcio Saeger - Software Engineer, Softwell Solutions
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The email from RIM contains tutorials how to sign the keys (you should be got 3 emails with csi file in each attachment)

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)
My Carrier: Verizon

You can also find the instructions from blackberry here.

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.