Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
fului
My Device: 9800, PB, z10
Accepted Solution

How to add description to BBUI menu item

Hi,

does anybody know how to add a description to a menu item, using bbui.js, please see attachment to see what I mean.

I have tried to search the web and forums here and on crackberry and I have not been able to find a solution. I have also tried to add a data-bb-title tag, to see if this would work, as the inner html is the description on list items and then you add a data-bb-title tag for the title and I thought that maybe as a consistency they would have added this, that if there was a data-bb-title tag, then the inner html would become the description.

If it is still not possible to add a title to a menu item, could anybody tell me if it is on the roadmap of BBUI, as it helps a lot for long menu item names, that you can have a short single word name and a longer description below.

Cheers,

olaf

New Contributor
fului
My Device: 9800, PB, z10

Re: How to add description to BBUI menu item

It seems I had missed this on the wiki page, but there is the possibility of adding a data-bb-accent-text tag that creates the description for each menu item, so I decided to add this comment, should anybody else have trouble finding this.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How to add description to BBUI menu item

Hey fului,

Thanks for that bit of info -- didn't realize that was an option. Nice work :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman