Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
youngjun
My Device: Not Specified

How to bring up the platforms in ripple 0.9

I've downloaded ripple 0.9 and try to drag and drop the kitchen sink sample index.html in. It shows the webpage in full screen. There is no address bar on top, and it does not show  the side tabs on the left side and right setting for devices/platforms etc.

When I tried to ripple 0.6 in chrome with command flag to allow access local file, after I drag and drop the kitchen sink sample index.html in, it loads the site as in webworks platform in blackberry torch image as expected.

Is there any step I missed in the latest ripple 0.9?  How do I make the local sample to show up correctly in ripple 0.9.

June Jorgensen

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to bring up the platforms in ripple 0.9

Hi June,

The standalone Ripple emulator tool does not support file system access yet.  You need to load your WebWorks content through a local web server (e.g. IIS or Apache).  This feature was not included in v0.9.0 which is a BETA.

The entire UI of the standalone Ripple tool is Web content rendered in a Web view.  So when you dragged your HTML file from the file system into the main Window, it overwrites the content that is currently displayed (the tool's UI).

So for now, setup a local webserver and access your content via http:// localhost.

Best,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.