Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook

How to create an UDP Broadcast listener socket on Blackberry OS using WebWorks

I'm trying to develop a BlackBerry app using WebWorks SDK. This application will have an UDP Broadcast socket that will listen to inconming UDP broadcast packets at port 8001.

Is this posible? Is there an available Javascript framework to do it?

Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: How to create an UDP Broadcast listener socket on Blackberry OS using WebWorks

[ Edited ]

Hi VansFannel,

ever tried to google your question? I think here are some informations for you. I have never seen a solution for it and also do not know a framework, but with HTML5 there is so much new and maybe you can find something when using Google.

Regards.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: How to create an UDP Broadcast listener socket on Blackberry OS using WebWorks

Yes, I've searched this question with Google and I see I can use node.js but if I'm asking here is because I want to use it with a blackberry device.

Is it posible to create an UDP Broadcast listener socket on Blackberry OS using WebWorks?

LBP wrote:

Hi VansFannel,

ever tried to google your question? I think here are some informations for you. I have never seen a solution for it and also do not know a framework, but with HTML5 there is so much new and maybe you can find something when using Google.

Regards.