Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
pankajpareek
My Device: Not Specified

How to deploy webapplication to Real blackberry device.

Hello,

I am new in mobile development.I created website using visual studio 2008 .now i want to deploy my website on real device.

How to do that? and also i am unable to access internet on simulator.How to do that?

Regards

Pankaj Pareek

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to deploy webapplication to Real blackberry device.

If you've created a web application in the Visual Studio plug-in, all you need to do is debug to the simulator (installed automatically with the plug-in). Both the MDS simulator and device simulator are built into the plug-in - launch a debug session to the device and you will be able to debug in the simulator. Have you looked in the documentation?
Please use plain text.
Developer
pankajpareek

Hello John,

Actually ia m able to debug my website.application on simulator.But i want to deploy my application/website on real BB device.

Also i am unable to access internet on simulator.Please suggest me.

Thx

Pankaj Pareek

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

In order to be able to access the internet or intranet from the simulator, you have to run the MDS simulator before launching the devcie simulator - this is something that should be done automatically for you by the Visual Studio Plug-in.

Deploy your application to a real device? It's a web application, right? What's there to deploy?  Open the web site's URL in the browser on the device and you're in. There's no such thing as 'deploying' a web application to a device unless you're talking about a Web Icon (which is a simple Java application that launches a specific URL) or a BlackBerry Widget which is a Java application that contains the web content (html, javascript, css) for the site. Both of those can be delpyed in many ways - OTA pull (several options for this one), OTA Push (through the BES).  suggest that you take a look at http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=800708&objAction=browse&s... for more information.

Please use plain text.
Developer
pankajpareek

Thanks John...

Really information aboutb deployment is very helpful.But  about access intenet i have some confusion.I started MDS simulator than i started device simulator.But i am not aware  of setting of mobile network which provide internet because u knw that BB simulator support wireless network.Simply in words i want to access google on my simulator browser.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

When you launch the MDS Simulator then the BlackBerry SImulator, the device uses your system's network connection to access network resources. So, for example, if you're running this on your laptop and it's connected to the network (either through a wired connection or a wireless connection) when you fire up the browser on the device simulator, type in a URL and press the enter key - the device will connect to the URL using the MDS Simulator through your laptop's network connection.

That's the point of the MDS Simulator - to provide the device simulator with access to network resources through the host system's network connection.  There's no configuration settings, just launch both of them and away you go.

Please use plain text.
Developer
pankajpareek

Thanks John...
Please use plain text.
Developer
pankajpareek

Hello John,

As u told i launched MDS simulator from start programme first.Command screen comes for 1 sec & goes away.MDS simulator is not starting. How i start?

Thanks

Pankaj Pareek

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

That's something several people have posted about in the forums in the last few weeks - I don't know what the solution is, but you should search the forum to to find out what the solution was to those other posts.
Please use plain text.
Developer
pankajpareek

Thanks John..
Please use plain text.