Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
pankajpareek
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to deploy webapplication to Real blackberry device.

Hello john,

Now i want to upload my website on server.So for this which things are required .In overview of BB web development i read about something BB enterprise server for MDS application.what is that?

is it required on server to browse  website on BB browser.

Thanks

Pankaj Pareek

Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: How to deploy webapplication to Real blackberry device.

When you update your web application on the server - there's nothing for you to do on the BlackBerry. It's a web site and it works like every other web site, right? When the BlackBerry device accesses the site, the new version will open in the browser. It's no different that it is for the desktop browser.

The BES (and MDS which is a part of the BES) is required for browser access to internal web servers - web servers sitting inside of the corporate firewall. If the server the device is accessing is externally facing (available to anyone on the internet) then you don't need a BES - it would be accessed through a Carrier's Internet gateway provided that the device is provisioned for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).