Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: Blackberry

How to design ASP.net website for blackberry browser

Hi All,

I want to develop a website in asp.net which should run fine in default blackberry browser and as well as in the default browsers of other smart phones like nokia,iphone and android also.

I have created a few .aspx pages in my websites which are running fine in nokia phone but the design of the website breaks when we browse it on blackberry because the default browser of blackberry does not support some common properties like ForeColor , Width in % and some common controls like asp:LinkButton and asp:Hyperlink. Some how I have overcomed the problem of link button and hyperlink. So the functionallity of the website is working fine in blackberry but the design are still breaking.

On spending lots of time on google I found one solution i.e. create separate pages for blackberry mobiles and redirect the application to these pages if the handset is blackberry but I don't want to opt this solution because it will increase my code size and also it is not a full proof solution.

So can any one guide me How can I design my website so that it works fine with all the above mentioned smart phones.

Thanks in Advance.

Gaurav Arora