Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
maanbhati
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software Developer
Accepted Solution

How to explicitly sign .cod file and jad file available in OTAInstall folder of blackberry phonegap application.

Hi All,
I have developed one blackberry phonegap application which will have OTAInstall folder containing unsigned .cod and jad files, i want to give this folder to customer so that he can do the .cod signing from OTAInstall folder and install it into their device.

Note- Client do not want .cod signing from my side and i can not share my code to the client, i can only share unsigned .cod files from OTAInstall folder to them.

Thanks to All

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to explicitly sign .cod file and jad file available in OTAInstall folder of blackberry phonegap application.

Hi there, when you build with the WebWorks SDK, if you omit the -g parameter then the application should be created without being signed.

Once you share the unsigned COD files, the customer will need to have their own WebWorks SDK installed, along with code signing keys, and can leverage SignatureTool.jar in the bin folder to actually sign un-signed COD files.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
maanbhati
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software Developer

Re: How to explicitly sign .cod file and jad file available in OTAInstall folder of blackberry phonegap application.

What is the command to manually sign and un-signed COD files.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

If they have the correct JDK (1.6, 32-bit) installed on their PC, they should be able to simply double-click SignatureTool.jar to start it, and it will prompt them for the COD file they wish to sign.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.