Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
mauzzamali
My Carrier: Aircel

How to pro-grammatically add event in blackberry playbook calendar from an html5-web works application?

I have an blackberry playbook application with me, which is created using HTML5/Web works. I want to add a feature by which user can set a calendar reminder in his playbook from one of the page from the application. Is this possible? If so can anyone please let me know how can I achieve this?

Regards

:Boat:

Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: How to pro-grammatically add event in blackberry playbook calendar from an html5-web works application?

You can't do that using only WebWorks on the PlayBook, because there is no API giving you access to the PIM suites. You might be able to build a special C++ extension using the native SDK, but I haven't checked if it offers an API for doing that.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mauzzamali
My Carrier: Aircel

Re: How to pro-grammatically add event in blackberry playbook calendar from an html5-web works application?

Thanks for your reply, but in the Blackberry API they have given the provission

I have added in my application following code

<widget >
<feature id="blackberry.invoke"/>
 <feature id="blackberry.invoke.CalendarArguments" /> <feature id="blackberry.pim.Appointment" /> ... .. </widget>
<script type="text/javascript"> 
var appt = new blackberry.pim.Appointment(); 
appt.summary = 'Get Together For lunch'; 
var args = new blackberry.invoke.CalendarArguments(appt); 
args.view = 0; 
blackberry.invoke.invoke(blackberry.invoke.APP_CALENDAR, args); // Calendar  
</script>

I get javascript error if I call the calendar function in Ripple Emulator with following settings

Platform - WebWorks-TabletOS

Version - 2.0.0

Devices - Blackberry playbook

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'new blackberry.pim.Appointment')

But if I try to change platform setting from Webworks-TabletOS to only Webworks It displays a Blackberry Bold 9700 and the code gets executed with request to calendar.

Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Again, there is no API in WebWorks for PlayBook that can help you. You're looking at the WebWorks API for BBOS (Java).
I know it's confusing because there is only one forum for everything and the API only mention the platform at the top of each document.
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.