Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Marimuthu_P
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobile App Development
Accepted Solution

How to remove white screen when navigating one page to another in BB Webworks?

Hi All,

I have developed Blackberry web application using Blackberry webworks SDK..I have created the package using Ripple Emulator..In that while navigating one page to another page..white screen coming...How to remove this white screen...and instead of how to set the loading screen in web application...Please :Helpsmilie: me.....Thanks a lot in Advance..

With Regards,

Marimuthu_P

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jplust
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook, DevAlphaC, Z10LE
My Carrier: o2

Re: How to remove white screen when navigating one page to another in BB Webworks?

normally there isnt a white screen on navigating. you could check out data-bb-effect like "fade" for the screen transition:

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/wiki/Screens

second thing is to use the activity indicator for loading (waiting for content):

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/wiki/Activity-Indicator

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to remove white screen when navigating one page to another in BB Webworks?

The white screen would occur between page navigation if you are using normal navigation (i.e. Page1 is loaded, destroy the Document for Page1, create the Document for Page2, Page 2 is loaded.)

If you use Ajax navigation (i.e. you simply create one Document at the beginning; your index.html) and you simply replace content on that document with new content, then you should be able to avoid the white screen. UI frameworks like bbUI use Ajax navigation (i.e. requesting content and injecting it into the same Document) and should circumvent the issue inherently.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.