Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
Accepted Solution

How to set or keep a background image in my app at the start of the application i.e after click on the app icon.

How to set or keep a background image  in my app at the start of the application i.e after click on the app icon.

I have developed a BB 7.0 OS  HTML5/ web app  in which I want to include background image .

Please guide me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
miamon
My Device: Red BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to set or keep a background image in my app at the start of the application i.e after click on the app icon.

Take a loot to rim:loadingScreen on config.xml  http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/rim_loadingscreen_element_834680_11.html

Josep Maria
Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Re: How to set or keep a background image in my app at the start of the application i.e after click on the app icon.

[ Edited ]

Ok thank you miamon   where should we write this code and what should be the dimensions of the  background image like

256*256  or 480*120 etc ?

I want the background to fit to the screen  .

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The image will scale to fit the screen. I would aim for something close to the resolution of the devices you are targeting, and even a little larger. Scaling down of images generally tends to look better than having to scale up.

The rim:loadingScreen element should be defined in your config.xml.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Ok miamon and oros I will  check the output and update you.   But stil what should be the idela size of the background if any ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

You code is working miamon thanx oros also.

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

MY background image should  tilt for landscape and portrait mode accordingly. How ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Ok done  with   

<rim:smileysurprised:rientation mode="auto"/>

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Hi oros and miamon pls go thru my earlier post also

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/I-have-a-developed-a-Live-TV-app...

Ask any doubts if  u have . I want  you to edit my main.js    script of my app.

Please use plain text.