Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
fasterfene
My Device: No
My Carrier: No

How to show notification on Blackberry notification bar using webwork application?

Hi

I would like to display  notification on blackberry notification bar for my webwork application.

I read some article and heard that need to use 'blackberry.push'   API to  show notification.

I don't find any good article on this. I want to show notification for ' New unread messages , new updates'  like facebook for my custom application.

Could somebody help on this and provide some good tutorial. So I can achive my goal.

Thanks,

Faster Fene.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
jeffheifetz
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to show notification on Blackberry notification bar using webwork application?

Hi Faster Fene,

I think the API you're looking for is this one - https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.app.html#.showBannerIndicator

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fasterfene

Re: How to show notification on Blackberry notification bar using webwork application?

hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've read a little on Blackberry push notifications, Basically, I want my application to have a notification popup after a period of time, with an icon  and once they have clicked on that notifcation it takes the user to the relevant updates, and removes the notification.

Actually I am new in blackberry development and using webwork application. Could you please provide me the way to achive this functionallity.

Thanks,

Faster Fene

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fasterfene

Hi,

You r right.

We need to use below API to show notification banner on screen.

I used below code and I can see image with 99+ on Ripple emulator .

blackberry.app.showBannerIndicator("images/logo.png", 100);

But When I try this on Simulator 9800, then I don't get anything.

I think It should show notification on screen notification bar.

I am using "BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.15" SDK

Please help me on this .

Thanks,

Faster Fene

Please use plain text.
jeffheifetz

Hi fasterfene,

Did you include <feature id="blackberry.app" /> feature ID in your config.xml ?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fasterfene

Yes , I have added  <feature id="blackberry.app" /> into config.xml.

I can see icon + count on ripple emulator but not able to see on blackberry simulator.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fasterfene

Now it's working for me.  Really thanks for your support on this.

I am able to see icon with count number on the screen.

But now I want to show some data( notification on notification screen) which opens when we click on the above icon.

Could you please help me to achive this functionallity ?

Thanks,

Faster Fene

Please use plain text.
jeffheifetz

I do not believe this is a native webworks API, or even currently supported in our custome extensions, but much of the work has been done.

There is a community API for message list integration here.

You would need to modify this with the 6.0 specific APIs described here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fasterfene

Hello Jeffrey,

Again thanks for your reply.

That means we can not add this using webwork API as API is not exist for this functionallity. :smileysad:

You told that most of work has been done on that, Please could u tell me when will we get this API or EXT. So I can add this to my BB application? Or should I use ApplicationMessageFolder to achive this ?

Thanks,

Faster Fene

Please use plain text.
Developer
eblade
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None yet

a bit late to the party, but this is actually a PhoneGap api. For those of us not using PhoneGap, and working with tablets, is there any possible way to do this?
Please use plain text.