Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
hellosw
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

How to test a BB10 app in playbook or installl the latest BB10 OS in playbook?

Anyone knows how to test a BB10 app in playbook since only OS2.1 is available in playbook? In other words, how to install the latest OS (current 10.0.9.1103) to the playbook so that a BB10 app can be tested there. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdev222
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to test a BB10 app in playbook or installl the latest BB10 OS in playbook?

The Dev Alpha and Playbook don't and won't use the same OS versions as they are different hardware.

You need to get the latest Playbook SDK and build with that. 

As far as I know the latest playbook sim and the latest publicOS  download for playbook is already "BB10" equivalent, but there may be updates on the playbook after the BB10 SDK for dev alpha goes final (Dec. 11th?).

From ripple just point to the playbook BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5 instead of BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.3.8 (or the latest of these).

The same code can be built for both with minor variations in the config.xml for options such as orientation.

Things such as full screen canvas, swf, audio files may not behave the same on both OS right now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalees36
My Device: Blackberry Tablet
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: How to test a BB10 app in playbook or installl the latest BB10 OS in playbook?

Android applications built for blackberry can be tested on either playbook or alpha device.Download android sdk,copy and paste your index.html to assets folder &add  code layout and .js files.(Do some google search to get code & refer to http://developer.blackberry.com/android/).

Please use plain text.