Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
hellosw
My Device: Playbook

How to transfer a playbook app to a BB app through scaling?

I'd like to transfer a playbook app (Screen 1024 x 600) to a BB smartphone app (e.g. Curve 9350 with Screen 480 x 360) through scaling. I tried using the following meta tag and tested it in Ripple. But it seems not working. <meta name="viewport" content="height=device-height, width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=.3, maximum-scale=.3" /> I do not know what's wrong here.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,

Re: How to transfer a playbook app to a BB app through scaling?

I'd advise against doing this. Buttons, labels, etc. will be too small to be usable. It's best to redesign your views imho.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
New Developer
hellosw
My Device: Playbook

Many thanks!

For some playbook apps, scaling may not be good as you suggested.

For my app,  I have tried it from Landscape to Portrait mode.  It looks good and functions very well. Since it only uses 600 x 352 screen in portrait mode, which is very near to a smartphone screen,  so I think there must be a simple way to transfer without changing too much code.

Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,

Well, in that case you could try to simply have relative distances between elements then and a scrollbar for your viewport.

I did try to play with the scale meta data in the past, but didn't get the expected results. Hopefully someone else will be more knowledgable :smileyhappy:.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.