Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold - 9930
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

How to upload files without the ".rem" extension through a custom ASP.NET application

[ Edited ]

I am developing an ASP.NET website that will be accessed from a blackberry device (BB Bold). The website is capable of uploading pictures taken from the device. All that it does is get the file, and save it in a folder within the server. Is there a way to decrypt the file (and remove the .rem extension) within the .NET application?

Turning the Encryption 'OFF' is not an option. I understand that the images are decrypted when you send them by email or text messages. I am hoping we can decrypt and send files through our custom applications as well.

If you need more details please let me know. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to upload files without the ".rem" extension through a custom ASP.NET application

This is not possible

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold - 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to upload files without the ".rem" extension through a custom ASP.NET application

Bummer!

Thanks for your response...

My Device: Developer
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem.  Corporate requires the devices to be encrypted and I have an application where the users are supposed to take a picture and submit it on a web page.  Has any progress been made on this issue, or do I have to exclude the blackberry users from the new application?