Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
balusamy
My Device: developer
Accepted Solution

How to use existing java functionality like calling webservice etc in webworks 2.0

I have couple of existing functionality like calling a webservice /construct and sending an xml file to some url etc..developeb in core java. I want to use those functionality in my webworks 2.0 blackberry 10 application. is there any way to do that?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to use existing java functionality like calling webservice etc in webworks 2.0

You can not invoke Java APIs within a BlackBerry WebWorks 2.0 application. This SDK is intended for BlackBerry 10 where the Java Runtime does not exist.

For BlackBerry 10 WebWorks applications, you can build plugins into the native (C/C++) layer, or code directly with Javascript. Javascript does offer some fairly straight-forward POST functionality to send messages / data to URLs via the XMLHttpRequest object which would likely be a good fit.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.