Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
soovash
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Html Form is not working OS 5.0

Hi,

I have developed one simple HTML page. In which i can enter few details and send it through by clicking on submit button. This HTML page works perfectly in IE, Mozilla and Chrome but not in Blackberry. In Blackberry ,it opens the default email client but body content doesn't get populated.Here's the HTML code:

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<form method="post" action="mailto:subhash.chandra@ITCINFOTECH.COM"  name="emcForm" id="emcForm"

enctype="text/plain">

EMail: <input type="text" name="email">

Subject: <input type="text" name="subject">

Message: <textarea rows="5" cols="30" name="message"></textarea>

<input type="submit"  value="send" />

</form>

</body>

</html>

Any help wouid be really greatful to me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
soovash

Re: Html Form is not working OS 5.0

Any solutions???? Any other function can I use instead of mailto
Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

default email client ?? why  email client for html page ?

How you are compiling code, are u using WebWorks?

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
soovash

This HTML page is a simple HTML form,whatever the value will be entered in the form it will be sent through the email and the contents of these form will come in the mail body. When you click on the submit button, the default email client will open to send the mail. For e.g. If you will open this HTML form in your PC and your default email client is outlook express, Outlook express's compose mail box will open in which to address will be, whatever the email address has been given in the mailto tag of HTML,Subject and email body will be filled up.Similarly when you will open this attachment in BlackBerry, Blackberry's native email client will open with to address but with no subject and no content in email body. I'm storing this HTML file in the memory card and from there i'm opening this file through Blackberry browser.
Hope i have answered your queries.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Use html page in your app and connect that page to the webserver where you keep php page. This technique i had used for playbook app.. But i think that will also work for all devices

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

I am assuming you have some html page. In this page u have enter some id and u want to send some content to that particular id with some attachment data. Be the browser you are able to invoke native email client and able to send email to that particular id but without subject and body.

Go through with  the following URL. These will help you

http://tinyurl.com/34hmrt

http://tinyurl.com/34v36b

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
soovash

Thanx a lods for your help..
yes you are correct... i 'm trying to send the data whatever i have entered in the text box i.e. email id in this case and i'm trying to send this data in the email body. but it's not happening native email client is opening in BB but body was blank when i tried the same in iphone it worked perfectly.And i'm not a BB developer so whatever the links you have given i couldn't understand the code.Can you provide some other solution.

Thanks
Subhash
Please use plain text.