Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
kimhin
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

I get an error when I try to register my CSJ

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11\de
pendencies\tools\bin>blackberry-signer -register -csjpin xxxxxxx -storepass xxxxxx C:\keys\client-RDK-2099854.csj C:\keys\client-PBDT-2099854.csj
Enter Passphrase for keystore:
Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12 (
The system cannot find the file specified)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11\de
pendencies\tools\bin>

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: I get an error when I try to register my CSJ

Can you please navigate to this directory:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

And *move* any barsigner.db, barsigner.csk, and author.p12 files to a temoporary folder? Example:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\backup

From there, please try re-registering the CSJ files, but make sure that you do not copy/paste the command, instead type it in manually letter-by-letter. Sometimes copying/pasting carries additional, hidden characters which interfere with the creation process.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
kimhin
My Device: 9900

Re: I get an error when I try to register my CSJ

Solved it for me! I copied from the dev documentation and it had hidden characters.

Many Thanks!