Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Uday2k14
My Device: BlackBerry Q5
My Carrier: BlackBerry

I have installed webworks SDK 2.0 for BB 10, but not working properly.Error:Server running on port 3123

I have installed webworks SDK 2.0 for BB 10, but not working properly.Error:smileyfrustrated:erver running on port 3123

I have installed from 

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

Inastallation  is not happening compltely  .

Set up your project

To create your project:

1. On the Start menu, click BlackBerry WebWorks <version>

a new browser window is not happening instead opening a cmd window

saying  Sever runnng on port 3123

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
kwallis
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I have installed webworks SDK 2.0 for BB 10, but not working properly.Error:Server running on port 3123

Hey there. The terminal window opening is expected as it starts a local server on that port. What then should happen is your default browser should launch and point to the WebWorks tool in a new tab. If this is not happening, there is certainly something wrong.

Could you tell me what happens when you double click on an .html file from the file explorer? It should open your default web browser, which is efectively what the terminal server is attempting to do.

Thanks!

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Please use plain text.
Developer
smilliken
My Device: Z10 & Playbook 64 GB

Re: I have installed webworks SDK 2.0 for BB 10, but not working properly.Error:Server running on port 3123

[ Edited ]

I've looked thought the forum and could not find what I'm looking for, and this is as close as I can see. If I'm wrong, steer me in the correct direction please.

I have installed the HTML5 BB 10 Webworks SDK, but when I click on the icon, it opens a new tab in the browser, but only has 2 hyper links, Documentation and API links. Nothing else.

I'm using Linux 63 Debian Wheezy 64 bit with firefox.

How can I switch to have the icon open in Chrome?

Webworks.png

Playbook 64 GB
Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Uday2k14

No window is opening when I go to start programs and BlackBerry Webworks 2.0.0.71

Error saying Server running or port 3123

Then I have opened manually a browser  typed as    localhost 3123 in address bar then Iam seeing 

error.jpg

But even after   when I  give the project name and click CREATE

at 

projectBB10.jpg

no project gets created at the specified  path.  Please soleve my query

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kel3vra
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

[ Edited ]

hi i have almost the same issue but i have windows 7 64bit....my port seems to working on my cmd but when i create a project and i check it it shows me that 

error

the message box says"Project cannot be found on the system and will be removed from the project list

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Uday2k14

follow the 4th post or message  here in this page.

Thanks

Please use plain text.