Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

uvp
New Contributor
uvp
My Device: Non-BB user

Icon issue

[ Edited ]

Hi

I've developed an app utilising BB10 WebWorks SDK targetting mobile OS & not PlayBook. Got my app returned from the BB App Approval Team stating that "the default icon (question mark sign) is displayed after installing the app. Pl make sure the icon size is 114 x 114 in the blackberry-tablet.xml and is included in the bar file."

However I had placed a <icon src="icon.png"> elemtent in my config.xml file. My "icon.png" file is of 114x114 dimensions and had placed in the same directory as that of config.xml

Now im stuck with the blackberry-tablet.xml file issue. Should i place that file?

Pl assist me in rectifying this issue. I'm new to BB dev.

Thanks
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Icon issue

based your <icon> element value, the icon.png file must be in the root folder of your project.  Is that true?  If its located anywhere else in the project, I'd expect the BlackBerry 10 OS to fallback to showing a default image for your icon.

What icon do you see when you install your app on a BlackBerry 10 device or simulator?

The blackberry-tablet.xml is a file generated by the WebWorks SDK.  If you were to open <your app.bar> and look in the /native folder, you will see this file.  In general, you don't need to worry about this file.  As along as you have your config.xml elements defined correctly, your blackberry-tablet.xml file will be generated correctly.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.