If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

ImpactJS Frame Rates on Dev Alpha B

[ Edited ]

It's a game platform, guys

We're writing a scroller for it

ImpactJS does about 10fps on a PlayBook 2.0, 30fps on a Beta Playbook 2.1, 24 on a BB10 Dev Alpha A

On Tuesday I got to see it running on a Dev Alpha B in London at Apps World - 50 fps!!!

Our game has a LOT of computing to do as there are 9 layers with 2 parallax on a canvas2d

Amazingly the 50 fps version should be even faster on release devices (The B is just closer to release spec)

I want one...:smileyhappy:

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: ImpactJS Frame Rates on Dev Alpha B

Wow, this sounds really great. With the latest OS update on the BB10 Dev Alpha A I thought it is going to be more like a smartphone then before, but this sounds like the BB10 Dev Alpha B is going to be something really great. Can't wait to get something in my hands but do not know a way to get it in my hands :smileysad:

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: ImpactJS Frame Rates on Dev Alpha B

The Bs seem to be a recent hardware upgrade that I think only BB staff have but they appear to be abut twice as fast for graphically intensive projects like ours

I have good local contacts so my Dev Relations guy in London put our app on his B device - I gave him a debug version that shows framerate and it was, as I say, doing about 50 fps

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.