Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
wifisher
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: In-app purchase cancelled status

Was the root cause for this issue ever found? The ticket filed in GitHub doesn't show any movement.

I am currently seeing similar behaviour to what is described here and don't want to spend the time debugging an issue when the solution is known.

Thanks,

Wayne

Fisherlea Systems
www.fisherlea.com
Developer
Puzzling
My Device: 9800

I ran into two issues trying to get IAP to work

- Under PB 2.0+ the local test mode failed as described aboe ( I always got cancelled status when purchasing). RIM dev. support verified it was a problem.  I haven't heard of a fix but haven't been tracking it.

- I also could not get IAP to work in production mode.   In that case, I did not get a callback when fetching the existing purchases. 

For the first issue, I also verified it with the sample app.   For the latter, I encountered it using sandbox accounts and put in a hack in the hope it would work in production.    I got my app through approval and actually released before pulling it from sale over this issue.  My gut instinct is that, in the latter case, something I am doing wrong is triggering it but I don't know what.  It could be as simple as the hack I put in wasn't good enough for production. 

Main reason for the long reply is a warning: working through the issue above may not be the end of your problems.  If you can find an old copy of the PB simulator running OS 1.7, it is adequate for this test mode (that was my workaround).   The real fun starts in non-local testing.

Contributor
wifisher
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Ouch. Sounds like I'm going to have to do some more testing.

I have been able to successfully implement in-app purchases. The existing version of my WebWorks/PhoneGap app has it implemented. This app doesn't have a huge user base, so there haven't been a lot of in-app purchases. But there have been some.

Bascially my testing here was for a new variant of the app. It uses the mostly the same code for the in-app purchase implementation. So, there shouldn't be a lot of debug from that perspective.

I'm a little strapped for time at the moment, but when I get a chance, I'll go back to the code that matches my released app and test it and see what happens.

Wayne

Fisherlea Systems
www.fisherlea.com
Developer
Puzzling
My Device: 9800

Thanks for the update.   Unfortunately, this confirms my theory that it is something I am doing :smileysad: