Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
herriyanto
My Carrier: Indosat

Independent Gesture and Touch Event Javascript Library?

I was looking for independent Gesture and Touch Event Javascript Library, which can handle multi touch and popular gesture such as two finger swipe, etc. 

Some people are suggesting Jquery Mobile, but I didn't need the UI Framework, and it bloat the code with unnecessary things. My goal is to create my own UI framework which didn't use the mobile touch framework such as Jquery Mobile or Sencha Touch.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Carrier: none

Re: Independent Gesture and Touch Event Javascript Library?

herriyanto wrote:

I was looking for independent Gesture and Touch Event Javascript Library, which can handle multi touch and popular gesture such as two finger swipe, etc. 

Some people are suggesting Jquery Mobile, but I didn't need the UI Framework, and it bloat the code with unnecessary things. My goal is to create my own UI framework which didn't use the mobile touch framework such as Jquery Mobile or Sencha Touch.

For Touch Events you need to know that with touch* listeners (eg. "touchstart", "touchmove", ...) WebWorks is able to handle up to 4 touches to the screen of the BB10 Dev Alpha. I think on other devices this isn't possible at this time, but haven't tested on eg. PlayBook yet, only Dev Alpha infront of me is working that way.

That means, if you touch with up to 4 fingers to the screen the touch* event will provide, among other, informations about the changed touch and at same time give you a list of touches on the screen as an array. In that way you are able to count how many fingers are touching.

Maybe this can help you going on with Touch Events in generell ;-) For me is a nice feature to be used for the one or other app!

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
anzorb
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Independent Gesture and Touch Event Javascript Library?

[ Edited ]

I recommend Hammer.js http://eightmedia.github.com/hammer.js/ - supports all kinds of gestures, including multi-touch. Also plays quite nice with my BB10-Pages framework https://github.com/anzorb/BB10-Pages

Cheers

Please use plain text.