Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
CannonCentral
My Device: 8310-4.2.2.170

Inline Style not working in Tag

I am building a Domino Xpage application that is to be accessed via Blackberry.  Current BB I am on is 8310 v4.2.2.170 but most of the company is on 4.6 or 5.0 and we are working towards all on 5.0.

I put a <Span id=testspan style="display:none">Hello World</span> in my xpage. 

In a regular IE browser this is hidden just fine, on the BB Browser it is showing up.

My eventual goal is to be able to determine which xPage custom control to show based on which value is in a particular field.  To avoid having to create 2 pages.  I can get the xpage to currently show up just fine in the BB Browser but it does not hide any controls.  They are all displaying. The controls are just simple read only tables with links at the bottom to approve or decline.  They work fine even on my 4.2.2 but the attempts to hide one section or the other are not working.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steven

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Inline Style not working in Tag

hello CannonCentral,

in your "span" HTML element, the "style" attribute is a CSS definition. You can find past discussions about the CSS property "display" and how it is handled by BlackBerry browsers here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.