Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
ryanruttan
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Input Type Date being treated as text field

[ Edited ]

I had an app built using BBUI.js (0.9.3), worked great.  I have a input field that has a type of "date" and that used to bring up the date picker.

I updated to the latest OS build (10.0.9.338) and it no longer opens the date picker for this field.  I don't remember the version of the OS that I had when it was working, but I tried to keep it up to date.

I then udpated to the latest BBUI.js (0.9.4), this fixed the scaling issue and still no date picker on the "date" input field.

I also packaged the BBUI.js samples app, still using 0.9.3, and the date fields on the input tab do not show the date picker either.

Not sure if I am missing something or if something is broken. Anyone else have this issue or know how I can fix it, I feel like I'm missing something.

<input type="date" id="dateEdit" />

Current:

Dev Alpha

OS Version: 10.0.9.338

BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2.9

BBUI.js version 0.9.4

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Re: Input Type Date being treated as text field

hmmm, this may be a dev alpha problem and not a bbui problem.  Although I have issues with date picker on my curve as well while using bbui.js  Maybe Tim can check this out.

What I did to solve this was to put a "insert date" button right below the date field to make it easier to enter today s date.  If your user is entering future or psat dates date picker is the only way.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
helioz
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE
My Carrier: Play

Hey,

i have the same situation. The same is with <input type="time" /> in my app and in bbui samples.

Any advise ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for flagging this for us. I've reproduced and opened an issue on Github for it:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Framework/issues/321

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.