Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Eschenbach
My Device: Dev Alpha B + Playbook

Install Error 0008 with WebWorks App

I have a problem with an app I wrote for BB10 and Playbook.

The app is accepted in the Blackberry World without any problems. But now the clients are complaining, that they are getting an install error 0008 after buying that app and installing on their playbook.

I myself now also bought my own app and had to discover, that I got the same error on my playbook.

At first this app was ported from Android, but the actual version was completly rewritten using HTML5 and WebWorks.

Searching the internet, I found, that it could be a signing error and I had to verify the signing with "blackberry-signer -verify <BAR_File>.bar". I did the verifying and it told me "Info: Bar verified" - so the bar-file should be ok.

If I deploy that bar-file to my playbook, it's working without any problems. But buying and installing from the Blackberry World gives the install error 0008 - and it doesn't matter, whether the app is already on the the playbook or not and if the developer mode is switched on or off.

I hope, that someone has an idea, whats going wrong here and can help me.

Thanks a lot from Germany

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Install Error 0008 with WebWorks App

Hello @Eschenbach,

Did you build two separate BAR files (i.e. one with the Tablet OS WebWorks SDK and one with the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK?) Or did you build one BAR file with the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK and make it available for PlayBook + BlackBerry 10?

Due to the fundamentel difference in architecture, you will need to build a BAR file with the corresponding SDK and target each device (PlayBook vs. BlackBerry 10) with separate releases. You can find the download link to the Tablet OS SDK here if needed:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Contributor
Eschenbach
My Device: Dev Alpha B + Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello @oros,

thanks for the tips!

I only had one bar file, that I created for the BB10. Now I am following your advice to create a special bar file for the playbook.

But unfortunatelly now I am getting problems with the package name, which contains dots in the bb10 version (i.e. de.xxxx.yyyyy), but the dots are not accepted for the playbook version! A full description of the problem is here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Playbook-Problems-with-package-n...

Perhaps you have a chance to help me again?

Many thanks

Rolf Eschenbach

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Rolf, you'll need to:

1) Set the PlayBook ID to a valid value and build the PlayBook BAR.

2) Copy the PlayBook Package-Name as the ID for your BB10 config.xml.

3) Build your BB10 config.xml.

4) Reach out to the BlackBerry World team to reset the ID in the storefront.

I added a longer set of details on the other thread that you linked above.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.