Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
giridhar_bhandekar
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: what is this.

Install application with out Desktop Manager

HI Team,

We developed a simple rich client application that consumes a webservice and displays the result. Succesfuly able to install the application in the Blackberry using Desktop Manager.

Now we want to move the application to the production. As they are 100 of users whom the application has to reach, we cant install the application  by connecting each and every device to PC and install it with Desktop manager.

So, looking for an alternative way to install. Tried to acces the ALX  files from a server through a link from a BB with all the .COD,.CSL and .CSO files in the same folder ,double clicked the ALX file in blackberry,  Unable to display file  ...../..../.... .ALX

Appreciate your quick reply

THanks in advance,

GIri

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Install application with out Desktop Manager

If you are building a BlackBerry Widget, there are two outputs that come out of the build

One directory that is a "StandardInstall" and the other an "OTAInstall"

The OTA (Over The Air) install is what you are looking for.  You will find a *.jad file and one or more *.cod files in this location.

You can then copy the *.jad and all the *.cod files to a web server.  Then browse to the URL of the *.jad file and the BlackBerry will download and install the application

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
jmace
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Install application with out Desktop Manager

Tim is right, add the appropriate MIME types to your sever and upload the files from the OTA install folder.

I've done the same with a sample app from my blog.

www.jasonmace.com/blackberry/YQLTest.jad

you should be able to download it from the link above.

check this link for the mime types