Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
aadrat
My Device: Not Specified

Installing signing key again after reinstalling Eclipse tool again

I had to uninstall my Webworks Eclipse tool due to some issue. I have reinstalled it again. But now I am not able to reinstall my signing key. I am going with 'Install new Key' option and its not working. If I have to Import Existing Keys then from which folder location. I have already deleted previous installation folder.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Installing signing key again after reinstalling Eclipse tool again

Can you clarify what you mean by "not working" (i.e. do you get an error, is the option grayed out, do the keys install but do not work, etc)?

The import existing keys feature is for developers who have setup other BlackBerry development tools (e.g. WebWorks Packager, or Java Plug-in) and have the signing keys installed within those sub folders.  If this is the case, simply navigate to the relevant /bin folder within these tools

If all is successful, you should see "sigtool.csk" and "sigtool.db" added to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.browser.tools.wcpc_1.5.1.201010291444-22\wcpc\bin

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.