Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Digicel

Internet based Application

Good Day,

Am new to blackberry development but am interested in it. I have an idea that I would like to bring to life. I want to create an application or widget (whichever) that updates the users about events happening each time a new event is out it is updated in the application and the user is notified. Can you advise me on what knowledge i need to have and the steps to do this.Am i going to use a server or can i crawl information from a website and load it in the application. A good example of what am talking is a newspaper application as soon as there's news its sent to the app and the user is notified.how is this done??

thanks in regards.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: Internet based Application

You could curate articles published via RSS through a server component and then serve that to the client side, but that would give your version of things to all your users.

If you want to start offering custom filters, then you'll need to start managing accounts on the server side.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Contributor

thank you very much really appreciated

Contributor

what if i should want to authenticate an app from a drupal website? can u give me the guidelines as how i would go about doing this.thanks