Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
burakk
My Device: BlackBerry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Turkcell

Internet radio application (Streaming audio) using WebWorks/HTML5

Hello,

I am going to make a WebWorks/HTML5 version of a native Java Internet radio application. I am new to WebWorks development, done research a few days on WebWorks, HTML5, PhoneGap, jQuery Mobile, etc. and here are my questions:

- An Internet radio player (streaming audio) application can be made using HTML5 Audio element for devices running OS 6 and later. For devices running OS 5, an Audip Player API is introduced. However, API reference states: "The audio player is intended to play audio files only which does not include streaming audio." How can I implement a player for OS 5 devices? Do I have to use a plug-in to use native code?

- The API reference states that streaming audio is not supported, however the Audio Player API has properties like EVENT_ERROR with error codes like: 

1. Need more data: playback cannot proceed until the streaming source provides more data.
  2. No server response: a server has stopped responding.
  3. Connetion lost: the current connection has been dropped.
  4. DNS resolve error: an invalid URL has been detected.
  5. Unseekable: the media player needs to seek in the file in order to access headers, but can't since the file being played is unseekable.
  6. Connection timeout: the (streaming) server is unreachable.
  7. General client error: The streaming server rejected the streaming request. RTSP error 4xx not covered by another error code has occurred.
  8. Server error: An error occured on the streaming server while streaming. RTSP error 5xx has occurred.
  9. Forbidden: The streaming server has rejected the streaming request for security reasons. RTSP error 403 has occurred.

which are clearly for streaming media. So, does Audio Player API support streaming audio or not? Does this Audio Player API use the Mobile Media API (JSR 135) (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Streaming-media-Start-to-finish/ta-p/488255)

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
burakk
My Device: BlackBerry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: Internet radio application (Streaming audio) using WebWorks/HTML5

Hasn't anybody worked on streaming audio?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi .. have you find the solution?

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

For the supported Media Formats for audio and video have a closer look to the Reference Guide - Supported Media Types (on BB PlayBook). For streaming formats supported in general you can find something on page 10 for the BB PlayBook OS and on page 16 for the BB SmartPhone OS.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.