Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(.tmp_index.html.36710~)

Thanks Tim,

Any advise on project naming in the case of upgrading an existing paid App World app (Java based) to a WebWorks based app.  I don't want my buyers to pay again.

Any special concerns in the App World upload process when we send a WebWorks upgrade of a Java app?

Developer

Re: Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(.tmp_index.html.36710~)

I just ran a quick test, named the project "111", received the same error:

BUILDING 111
cmd.exe /c bbwp C:\Documents and Settings\User\Workspace\111\build\111.zip /o C:\Documents and Settings\User\Workspace\111\build
[INFO]              Parsing command line options
[ERROR]             Invalid application archive - archive name is not valid
BUILD EXITED WITH 1 ERROR

Developer

Here is the bbwp information:

bbwp version 1.5.1.22   Copyright(C) 2010 Research In Motion
                        http://www.blackberry.com/developers/webworkssdk/

Visitor

I can not use "-" in my resource name, but "_" and "." is available.

I use BlackBerry_Web_Tools_2.5.1.201010291444

BTW, I had to manual delete the zip file in build folder every time, Otherwise, I will get the valid resource name every time.

Visitor
My Device: None Specified
My Carrier: None Specified

I think that this is causing an issue with my build since I am trying to use the Dojo toolkit in my build. I am getting the following error when I try and build the project:

[ERROR]             Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(js/dojo/dijit/_Calendar.js)

Since I can't realistically change the Dojo Toolkit to remove the files with an underscore at the front of them (it appears an underscore in the middle of a filename doesn't cause an error), I am very interested in when a new version of WebWorks will be out that supports files starting with underscores.

Regular Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

I've developed a patch that allows _ and - in filenames as I too am using dojo. You can read about it and download the patched webworks packager here:

http://dustint.com/post/339/webworks-resource-name-not-valid-workaround

This solves the problem with the underscores and dashes in the Dojo paths; however I am currently getting a null pointer exception when I'm trying to build a project that includes all of Dojo. However, I think I may be able to solve this by doing a dojox.mobile build to strip out much of the library. I'll let you know how it goes

Visitor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vivo

Hello, I've tryied to download jar workaround but dustint domains appears to be offline. Can you post it in another location? Thanks,