If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
contrid
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Cell C

Invoke APP_CAMERA with flashlight

Good day,

I'm looking at the WebWorks API and I'm able to invoke the camera (either the camera or recorder) but I'm wondering if it is possible to enable the Flash at the same time?

var args = new blackberry.invoke.CameraArguments();
args.view = 1; // Video Recorder

blackberry.invoke.invoke(blackberry.invoke.APP_CAMERA, args); // Video Recorder Application

If you have any tips or code, please let me know.

All the best,

Antonie

Please use plain text.
Administrator
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Invoke APP_CAMERA with flashlight

Hello Antonie,

Invoking camera with the flash enabled is not currently supported (i.e. the CameraArguments object does not have a parameter for flash configuration).

If this is something you, and the community, would like to see added, please submit a feature enhancement request through the developer issue tracker.

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
contrid
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Cell C

Re: Invoke APP_CAMERA with flashlight

Hey Adam,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate it!

That's a pity, I would've loved to be able to do that, I know it can be done with the Java but unfortunately I'm a web developer and I'm so PLEASED to be able to implement my current languages/skills into BlackBerry apps.

Btw, I'll create a new thread but I'll just post it here, maybe you can give me a quicker answer. I wrote my first app and compiled with the WebWorks packager but got a security error when I imported into my Bold using BlackBerry Desktop so I realize I must get code signing keys first. My question(s) are the following:

1. How long does it take to get code signing keys? I already ordered.

2. How do the code signing keys work and how do I "sign" my app in order to use on my actual Bold.

3. How to distribute to friends? Which files need to be downloaded or how is it packaged so that someone can just click a link to install my own app?

I appreciate it very much!!!

All the best,

Antonie

Please use plain text.