Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Invoke an Internal App w/in a WebWorks App

[ Edited ]

Can I lanch a loaded app from within a WebWorks PlayBook app and if so, how?

I need to be able to open an application (of mine) installed on the device via another opened app built w/Webworks.

Thnx.

Developer

Re: Invoke an Internal App w/in a WebWorks App

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

agungeddy wrote:

Maybe you can try this API: http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/widgetapi/blackberry.invoke.JavaArguments.html

The API you have referenced is only available on the BlackBerry smartphone and not on the PlayBook.

From what I remember, I haven't seen a way to launch one 3rd party application from another yet on the PlayBook.  It has only been the ability to launch other BlackBerry specific applications.

I'm not sure where this sits on the roadmap on the PlayBook OS.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor

Thnx for the input.

Is there any way we can find out where this is on the Roadmap?  I work for the FAA and will have to report nxt wk on my findings (recommendations) to what product device to use.  I cannot believe BB did not implement this feature w/the Playbook.  I would really like the ability to swipe left/right from the bezel to switch opened apps ( and open our apps via the tool bars w/in our apps) and we want to take advantage of this. This feature BB has in the OS is what drew out attention to the PlayBook.  There will be numerous aviation apps/referencing tools (Will not be avail on the market - Sorry)  that employees will be switching to and from on the fly.

Any info on this matter in the near future will be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you again,

Kennedy, Jason Alan

Aero-Technologies

aeroTx Div