Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

Is there a change with onorientation change on PlayBook 2.0?

I haven't looked at the details yet, but there seems a change in when the onorientationchange is called in PlayBook 2.0. Previously, it looked like it's called before the screen is redrawn, but in 2.0, it redraw the screen first and then the onorientationchange callback is called?

I have a HTML canvas in my screen and I found that it redraws it before I've got a chance to reformat the contents in the callback. From a user's perspective when changing from landscape to portrait, they first saw the landscape content in portrait mode transiently followed by a redraw in portrait mode.

Have you observed something similar and have more details to share?

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Is there a change with onorientation change on PlayBook 2.0?

i'm having a similar issues where my app is set at portrait, and if i go into a landscape-only app such as the messages app, then back to mine (through side-swiping maximized apps), the css3 images with % widths go haywire.  may have to make the widths static until some of the 2.0 bugs are worked out.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Is there a change with onorientation change on PlayBook 2.0?

I'm not aware of any changes, but there could have been.  Do you have a code snippet that can reproduce this behavior?  Or if you want, can you file a more detailed bug report (with a code sample) in JIRA (https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa)?

Once I have enough details and can reproduce the problem myself, I will file an issue with the browser dev team.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.