Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10 dev alpha
My Carrier: Sprint

Is there a longer lag for WebWorks app review?

I submitted a webworks app on the 10th and it is still awaiting review.  Yet I have spoken to a couple of folks I know that ported many Android apps during the port-a-thon (10+) and all have been reviewed and approved.  Does anyone else have a Webworks app awaiting review that was submitted on or before the 10th of Jan?  

I've exchanged emails with the BB developer program and the conversation has basically been we have a lot of apps to review please check back.  In the first reply I was told to check back after the 24th if not reviewed and it will be brought to the reviewers attention, so I did and got another we're very busy response.

So just as a warning for other developers in the future:

Dont assume the review queue is a first in/first out process.  Obviously it is not.  

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Is there a longer lag for WebWorks app review?

They don't seem do be doing them in order

I guess they want to get as much variery as possible for tomorrow's release to public

I've got 22 apps in but only three went tru from without intervention

First was ...

Jan 19, 2013 17:52:18 Modified Date: Jan 25, 2013 04:51:17

I have a friend who has hundreds of apps on the approval list

I'm guessing here but I imagine that they score us somehow and prioritize approvals this way

I'm fairly active here, go to lots of the events and have been developing for BB several years. My friend has 254 approved apps (he loves BB) so far (waiting for the rest)

It seems sensible the way they appear to be approving

They have extended all deadlines owing to the number of apps they have to go through so although you may get approved a little later you still get approved and all the goodies that go with it

Jan 19, 2013 17:52:18 Modified Date: Jan 25, 2013 04:51:17

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!