Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

Is there is any way to getting the latest update of the WebWorks Smartphone/BB10 automatically

Is there is any way to getting the latest update of the WebWorks Smartphone/BB10 automatically. Currently to get the update I need to install latest version of the SDK again. 

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices

Re: Is there is any way to getting the latest update of the WebWorks Smartphone/BB10 automatically

I don't think there is; generally even programs with a "Check for update" button require a download/reinstall.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam

Re: Is there is any way to getting the latest update of the WebWorks Smartphone/BB10 automatically

any one from rim team reply on this  ??

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
NitishSubudhi
My Device: 9550,9300,9800,9700,9900,9850,9860

Hi Kamal,
I don't think this is possible, We have to check for update from the official site. 

Thanks & Regards,
Nitish Subudhi

Feel Free To Press The Like Button On The Right Side To Thank The User That Helped You.
Please Mark Posts As Solved If You Found a Solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam

But this should happen like we have in android. I don’t bother about the update in android SDK coz every time we got notification.

any way Thanks for reply.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

IMHO: Would be good to have a headline post "WebWorks - Latest Version" or something like this pinned to the first page of the WebWorks forum only the admins can change and we can subscribe to to get notified about updates. This post should also provide a little bit more information about latest release.

As with the latest WebWorks 1.0.1.8 the release notes are missing or I couldn't find anything, same like for the latest BB10 Dev Alpha device update(s) only the issues list is provided only but no informations what was changed/fixed/added/removed/...!

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam

Agreed with LBP.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
NitishSubudhi
My Device: 9550,9300,9800,9700,9900,9850,9860

I am also Agreed With LBP.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitish Subudhi

Feel Free To Press The Like Button On The Right Side To Thank The User That Helped You.
Please Mark Posts As Solved If You Found a Solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

So, for today, it's weekend but some of the forum mods might be available to join the discussion on this! Looking forward to see it pinned to the "hot topics" on the first page, hopefully!!!

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam

I will suggest some one form the RIM team start Survey like they have started “What Javascript frameworks are you using”

they can start 

What API/ Doc or improvements developer require with respect for current SDK or doc.

Thanks
Please use plain text.